The summer school will take place 14 - 18 May 2018 and will be funded by the Volkswagen Foundation. Around 30 scientists from Africa and from Europe will be able to participate.
There will be lecture courses on the following topics:
- Introduction to symplectic and contact geometry (A. Banyaga, D. F. Houenou)
- Hamiltonian dynamics and symplectic capacities (K. Cieliebak, U. Frauenfelder)
- Pseudodifferential operators in geometry and quantum field theory (S. Paycha)
- Riemannian geometry and analysis (L. Todjihoundé).
The deadline for application for the summer school is the 2nd of March 2018. For further details, please visit our website.
The workshop in the following week 21 - 25 May 2018 will be funded by the DFG, the ICTP Trieste and AIMS Sénégal.
Talks will be given by:
- C. Arezzo (ICTP)
- A. Banyaga (Penn State)
- A. Tshidibi Batubenge (South Africa)
- K. Cieliebak (Augsburg)
- A. Degeratu (Stuttgart)
- H. Diallo (Cote d'Ivoire)
- A. S. Diallo (Sénégal)
- C. Mbacke Diop* (Sénégal)
- J. Mboyo Esole* (Northeastern)
- U. Frauenfelder (Augsburg)
- S. Goette (Freiburg)
- D. F. Houenou (Benin)
- E.-K. Mohamed Moutuou* (USF Florida)
- K.-H. Neeb (Erlangen)
- S. Paycha (Potsdam)
- P. Rukimbira (FIU Florida)
- T. Schick (Göttingen)
- L. Todjihoundé (Benin)
- J. Tossa (Benin)
- B. Wilking (Münster)
*to be confirmed.
The deadline for application for the workshop is the 15th of March 2018. For further details, please see the poster.
Organizing committee for both events:
- H. Dathe (Dakar)
- B. Hanke (Augsburg)
- A. Wade (Penn State, AIMS M'bour)
- K. Wendland (Freiburg)